media artist/programmer in Tokyo.
Since the 90's, have been making interactive installations using electronic media,
as well as researching various issues related to the intersection of art & techno-culture/society.
- New Images on Moving Image, Terpsichore, Nakano, Tokyo, Japan. (1991)
- Egg of Mobius -Science in Art exhibition, O Art Museum, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan. (1992 - 1995)
- SFC Open Research Forum (Toru Iwatake Lab.), Roppongi Hills, Tokyo, Japan. (2003)
- CyberArts2006, O.K Center for Contemporary Art, Linz, Austria. (2006)
- Naked Life, Museum of Contemporary Art Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan. (2006-07)
- Sound & Vision vol.2, ZAIM / space 9001, Yokohama, Japan. (2007)
- IC2007, Tama Art University, Tokyo, Japan. (2007)
- Surveillance and Control, Sala de Arte Contemporaneo Gobierno de Canarias, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain. (2008)
- ≫twdb What’s happening?≪ Der freie offentliche digitale Raum ist immer eine Datenbank, ZKM Media Theater, Karlsruhe, Germany. (2010)
awards, grants etc.
- Finalist for the 6th L'Oreal Art & Science of Color prizes (2003)
- Prix Ars Electronica 2006, Honorary Mention Interactive Art (2006)
- grants from Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan (2009)
- B.A. Culture and Representation, the University of Tokyo
- B.A. media design, Faculty of Environmental Information, Keio University
- M.F.A. Inter Media Art, Graduate School of Fine Arts, Tokyo University of the Arts